Looking for an outdoor roofing solution for your detached buildings or awnings? Skeptical about metal roofing due to poor word of mouth and negative stereotypes about how it looks? Let Rennison Roofing tell you this: it has never been a better time to invest in a metal roof. With the large variety of materials, colors, and designs, metal roofing has come a long way. And with our expert roofers, you can get great service, professional installation and advice, and a rock-solid metal roof installed on your home, office, barn, garage, or work area.
The Myths of Metal Roofs
But let’s just address some of the bad press that metal roofing has gotten:
- Metal roofing is ugly. This may be true for cheap, old roofs made from bad materials and left to rot for decades. But modern metal roofs come in all colors and designs, and hold up well to rust and other damage.
- Metal roofs are loud. New installation methods mitigate noise through the use of air gabs and subroofing materials that absorb sound.
- Metal roofs are incredibly expensive. Some materials cost more than others, but since your roof is a literal investment in the buildings they are built on it might be worth it to take the next upgrade from regular shingles. Also, depending on the materials, a metal roof can actually be very cost effective.
What Does it Mean to get a Metal Roof?
First, purchasing a metal roof is a bit more expensive than traditional shingles. You are buying a large quantity of metal to cover your home with, after all. This is sometimes enough to discourage buyers.
BUT, you are going to save money in the long run. For example:
- Metal roofing is energy efficient, saving you money on your heating and power bills.
- Metal roofing is often lighter than other kinds of shingles, and it promotes a cleaner roof with less debris. This means less weight on your home’s structure, and less contributing factors to long-term damage to your house.
A metal roof is an investment.
Metal Roofing Experts at Rennison Roofing
Metal roofing is great for external garages and workspaces that don’t have climate control, and any external structure underneath a lot of trees. Or maybe you just have a cool, modern home style, and you would like to try it out. A metal roof is great for those looking for a unique accent to their home or a splash of color. With either case, we can provide the expert advice and installation services needed to get your metal roof installed. Call us at 803-728-6686 to learn more or to get one of our professionals out to your home or place of business to help you learn more about how a metal roof might suit your needs.